If you are hungry but too tired to cook dinner on one of those weeknights, then this meal will get you sorted. It is probably the quickest and easiest weeknight dinner meal. You can literally prepare in in just just 40 minutes. Here is how to prepare it.
· 1/4 cup of honey
· 3 tsp. of Moroccan spice mix
· 1/4 cup of olive oil
· 1kg of chicken drumsticks
· 250g packet of pearl couscous
· 2.5 cups of Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
· 1 tbsp. of lemon juice
· 150g of chopped dried apricots
· 1/3 cup of toasted pine nuts
· 2/3 cup of fresh coriander, chopped.
· 2 green thinly sliced onions
In a large shallow dish, combine Moroccan spice mix, honey, a table spoon of olive oil and one table spoon of water. Mix well then cover and refrigerate for about an hour.
Preheat your over to 180C.
Line a baking tray with baking paper and place the chicken drumsticks on the baking tray. Bake for 40 minutes full time but turn the chicken halfway during the coking.
In the meantime, over medium heat, heat one tablespoon of oil then add couscous. Reduce the heat to low then add stock. Cook for about 20 minutes or until tender.
Once cooked, transfer couscous to a heatproof bowl, add the remaining oil and lemon. Toss it to combine. Then add onion, coriander, pine nuts and apricot. Combine well.
Serve the honeyed chicken with couscous on the side and drizzle pan juices.